Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Geologic Walking Tour


(Map courtesy of Maryland Geological Survey)

This map shows the route of a Geologic Walking Tour of Building Stones of Downtown Baltimore, Maryland. I stumbbled across it while surfing the web today. The walking tour sounds interesting & could have been very beneficial to my research. On their website it briefly discusses several buildings they tour, such as City Hall, that were constructed from marble extracted from the Beaver Dam quarry in Cockeysville. I would have considered doing it earlier in the semester when I had more time & the weather was milder!is faced with Cockeysvlle Marble from the Beaver Dam Quarry in Baltimore County.

Today I contacted Beaver Dam via email requesting either an interview, documents, pictures, or any helpful information they can offer me regarding the history of their quarry. I'm crossing my fingers & kicking myself for not thinking to do this a few weeks back! Will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment